Sunday, July 24, 2011

impulse buying

thursday, 6:00 in the morning, batangas public market

we were going to buy food to cook for lunch and i was also thinking of an advanced birthday gift i am going to give my "ate" (older sister/cousin).
i had something in mind but when i saw these beauties.
i knew i had to take them home.
so, immediately paid the seller (without haggling! silly me!) and gave these babies a new home in our garden.
 
empress candle plant
pink hydrangea....at last! striking out one item in my wish list :)
bright orange celosia
pink torenia
eugenia..according to the seller
and this is my ate's birthday gift..an orange rose.
i thought this would be perfect as she always wanted something unique in her garden, something that our neighbors do not have.
oh well, there goes my allowance for a few days, but how could you resist these pretty flowers?
at least i now have a gift for my "ate." i do hope she likes it even though it seemed that i have bought more gifts for myself..heehee!

8 comments:

Sunray Gardens said...

You got some beautiful choice plants and I bet your sister is very happy with that Rose.
Cher Sunray Gardens

HolleyGarden said...

I love impulse shopping for plants! Looks like you've got some nice ones, and that orange rose is wonderful! A great gift!

ANGEL said...

thanks sunray :) have a nice day!

ANGEL said...

hi holley. good thing she loved it. thanks for stopping by!

Bridget said...

Impulse buying, so enjoyable! Gorgeous selection of plants.

GirlSprout said...

The pink hydrangea is so pretty! Hope your ate loves her striking rose.

ANGEL said...

thanks bridget! happy gardening!-angel

ANGEL said...

i love the pink hydrangea.. it's a steal at $3.

my ate loves her rose. it's her favorite color.

thanks for stopping by girlsprout! have a nice day!

-angel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...